The Institute of Historical Research of the National Hellenic Research Foundation (IHR/NHRF) conducts research on the political, economic, social and cultural history of Greece and all areas where Hellenism has been active from prehistoric antiquity until modern times.
The institute emerged in 2012 from the consolidation of the three original humanities research institutes of the NHRF (namely KERA, IBR and INR), the oldest history and philology research institutions in Greece.
The Institute develops research projects with a view to the creation and dissemination of new knowledge and the training of new researchers, contributing substantially to national self-awareness and international scientific collaboration in the fields it serves.
The Institute’s research activities are divided into three sections:
Greek and Roman Antiquity
The IHR Project Team consists of:
- Eleni Kyramargiou, Tenured Researcher IHR/NHRF, scientific supervisor and coordinator
- Olga Lafazani, Post-doctoral Researcher IHR/NHRF
- Christos Chrisanthopoulos, Research Associate IHR/NHRF
- Katerina Anagnostaki, Research Associate IHR/NHRF
- Elina Kapetanaki, Post-doctoral Researcher IHR/NHRF
- Giorgos Koumaridis, Research Associate IHR/NHRF
- Konstantia Moustani, Post-doctoral Researcher IHR/NHRF
- Thanasis Betas, Post-doctoral Researcher IHR/NHRF
- Haris Tsavdaroglou, Post-doctoral Researcher IHR/NHRF
- Eleni Vosinaki, Translator
Sociality is an Athens-based cooperative working on digital technologies since 2014. In short, the cooperative’s main areas of activity are:
– building the online presence of companies and organisations
– creating digital tools focusing on the effective interaction between people and technology
– providing education on digital marketing and free/open source software coding
– participating in research projects by conducting user research and creating application prototypes and promotion activities.
The Sociality Project Team consists of:
- Antonis Faras, PhD candidate National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Technological Project Management, coordinator for Sociality
- Grigoris Tsardanidis, Digital Architecture Designer, Programmer
- Dimitrios Mytakis, Software engineer, Electrical engineer
- Kalliopi Karlou, Programmer
- Konstantinos Katsaros, System administrator (Computer systems manager)
Commonspace is a collaborative – interdisciplinary planning and design group which has been active since 2012. It began as a collaborative network, developed into a Social Cooperative Enterprise under the name ‘CPD Creating Spaces’, and is now a Worker Cooperative under its current name. The members of commonspace and their associates form a wide network of experts and scientists involved in urban and spatial planning from an extensive array of fields, perspectives and areas of expertise, combining research work and study projects.
Through the years, commonspace has collaborated with municipalities, regional governments and public institutions, universities and research centres, educational and public benefit institutions, NGOs, and various private enterprises. The group has carried out several projects and programmes funded by various public and private institutions. Furthermore, the group offers constant scientific support and voluntary action on issues related to the defense of public space, sustainable development and environmental protection.
Commonspace has created a specifically structured methodology regarding Participatory Planning of Public Space in an effort to promote participatory planning and encourage its use as a design paradigm at different scales. Their main goals are the creation of social capital and social innovation.
The commonspace project team consists of:
- Thanos Andritsos, Architectural Engineer, Urban and Spatial Planner, PhD in Economic Geography and Regional Development, project coordinator for commonspace
- Dimitris Poulios, Architectural Engineer, PhD in Urban Geography
- Eleni Mougiakou, Agricultural Engineer, GIS expert, PhD candidate at the Agricultural University of Athens
- Giorgos Velegrakis, Electrical Engineer, PhD in Geography, project communications manager for commonspace
- Giouli Athousaki, Physicist, Actor, cultural activities organiser
- Giannis Paraskevopoulos, Urban planner, GIS expert, PhD candidate at NTUA
- Anastasia Christaki, Architectural Engineer, MSc in Urban and Spatial Planning
- Emmy Karimali, Architectural Engineer, Geographer, PhD candidate at NTUA
- Melina Vlachou, Architectural Engineer
- Sylvain Adam, Architect
- Irida Perouliou Sergaki, Architectural Engineer, MSc in Urban and Spatial Planning
- Samy Alexandridis, sociologist